The Automation software for your seasonal consignment store
So, you have or will have your own Consignment Store. How exciting! Especially now that you are looking to automate, it will really free up your time.
When you are purchasing our system for your Consignment Store, you receive many different services and features. As part of the package, you will receive three different software systems that all work seamlessly together:
- The Owner's online account allows you to efficiently manage your sellers, communicate with your sellers, and run all of the necessary reports
- The Sellers' online accounts provide tagging, inventory, reporting and unlimited tags for either your sellers or the owner, in case the owner chooses to tag their own items
- The POS System is downloaded onto each computer and converts each computer to a ‘register’ in order to scan the sold items at the store
Please read below for more details on each of the three systems that you will receive with your package.
OWNERS ONLINE ACCOUNT: Learn About It
(includes the main features, optional features available)
The owner's online account will provide you with:
- an email marketing tool and database. Email potential buyers, sellers and volunteers with the click of a mouse. Year round, the MyCM system is accessible for potential buyers and sellers to sign up in your database to receive emails and newsletters
- sale preferences you can create and manage: # of digits (3-6) for the seller number, the tag format (we have over 100 different tag formats), if you want your sellers numbers to be assigned or chosen by your seller, discount/donate options, start and end times for your registration, volunteer and check-in, etc.
- a training session 1-2 weeks prior to the opening of the store will train you on the POS System
- an online contract that your sellers must accept before they can register (optional)
- attachments for your instant emails for both registration and new moms
- online registration in order to collect registration fees when sellers register (optional)
- an email for both the owner and sellers when a seller registers
- seller information you can view and manage in one location with multiple reporting capabilities, including the ability to view at a glance who has registered, tagged, chosen a volunteer or check-in shift
- reports that are integrated with Email - the reports are integrated with the email system and allow you to email directly from the reports making your life easier
- three predetermined distribution lists to quickly email your sellers, volunteers and new moms
- sorts and queries for city, state, zip codes to learn where participants are coming from
- check-in schedules you can create and manage
- the ability to tag your sellers item's for them or you can choose to allow your sellers to tag their own items before check-in
- extra reports including:
- New moms
- New sellers
- Referrals - you can learn how your sellers heard about your store
- Inventory Counts by Category and Size - (real time inventory summary information available) - great tool for planning your store's floor
- Inventory Sold Counts by Category and Size - vital for learning what products are should or should not be sold at your store
- Volunteer and check in schedule reports
- Buyers zip code report
- reports to view sellers items before they come into checkin
- a system that can scan your items in at check-in for a guaranteed item inventory (it is available, but not necessarily recommended)
- a system that can scan in your donated items for a guaranteed list of items donated by seller, as well as marking those items as DONATED instead of UNSOLD.
- a special items feature that creates one bar-coded tag for each high volume item without having to tag the items themselves. (i.e. Girl Scout cookies, coupon books, jewelry, hair bows, etc.)
- taxable categories so you can assign different tax amounts to each category
- credit card processing: you can use the system of your choice
- various reporting flexibility with settlement reports (i.e. PDF, Excel, include, deduct money from seller's reports, differing % and registration fees for individual sellers, etc.)
- address labels for any of the 5 groups (sellers, volunteers, mailing list, new moms, vendors)
- training for the POS each each 6 month season; makes transitioning to new event managers very simple
- manage and view history of all your sales from one account
SELLER'S ONLINE ACCOUNTS: Learn About It:
The seller's online account will allow you to provide:
- online, seamless registration through your store's website and receive a registration confirmation email sent to both the owner and seller
- a simple-to-use tagging system with unlimited tags at no extra cost to the seller
- the ability to tag more items quickly, which will bring more profit to both the seller and the owner, because they will have more time to tag more items
- have items stored as soon as they are entered and do not need to be ‘SAVED'
- enter in items 20 at a time, making the generation of 100's of tags possible in minutes
- electronically transfer items seamlessly from one event to another event
- print barcodes onto the tag itself - (NO tedious LABELS!) - from either your store printer or their home printer (it is the owner's choice)
- store items for 18 months
- print inventory sheets with a click of a button
- choose a check in schedule directly from their account and receive an instant email confirmation
- project their Potential Sold Items Revenue and view their Actual Sold Items Revenue (optional)
- view their sold items online and have their items marked sold in their inventory
- print tax donation reports with a total at the bottom
- receive their checks and final results of their profits more quickly
SCANNING SOFTWARE: Learn About It
The POS System is downloaded onto each computer and converts each computer to a ‘register’ in order to scan the sold items at the store.
The POS System, our Point of Sale software allows you to scan in the tags of each buyer right at the Check- out Station. Each station consists of one computer and one scanner. Thus, if you have 3 check-out stations, then you will need 3 computers and 3 scanners. The buyers will place their items on the counter and the cashier will scan them into the POS System to receive a total. The system will calculate the total due and the change required. You can also reconcile your registers at the end of the night, handle taxable categories, returns, voids, and has more data collection reports available.
How the POS System works for your Consignment Store
The simulation below is a list of events that can occur from the perspective of an consignment store owner using the owner's online account, the POS System and all of the extra features. It also assumes that the owner wants the sellers to tag their own items at home. The system is flexible and can also allow the owner to tag ALL of the items, while still providing reconciliation reports for the seller to view online from home. The list begins when a seller registers until the end of the season. This list is not all inclusive of all of the MyCM features and benefits.
- Seller registers from your webpage and accept your online contract
- Both you and the seller receive an instant email confirmation regarding the registration.
- The seller's confirmation email can also include an attached Word document created by you to provide extra information about your store
- In the management screen of the owner's online account, you can see all of the information you need to know about your seller, such as name, seller #, the date registered, how many tags they have created, just to name a few
- Your seller registers for a check-in shift and you can now see them in your check-in schedule. This database has multiple reports that you can generate
- As time goes on, you are working on other aspects of your event, periodically watching your number of sellers and # of items grow.
- Your training with MyCM on the POS has you prepared on opening day of your store.
- You check out buyers throughout the day and can manage voids and returns easily.
- The scanning is fast and keeps the lines moving.
- Owners can view their daily sales totals at the end of each day; tally reports can show how many transactions per day. All reports are printed can be exported to either Excel or PDF
- At the end of the night, you reconcile your registers and your tender matched system's total revenue numbers.
- You generate a backup and your report files each night and upload the information at the end of the week to post your seller's earnings online for them to view
- You continue this process each week through the month, quarter or season.
- You print out your referral reports so you can learn how your sellers heard about you. This will help you with your advertising for the next season.
- Meanwhile, you continue to add new consignors and inventory. Each morning you can pull in the new inventory into the POS with one click.
- You view your inventory on hand and inventory sold reports to rearrange your sales floor or to discontinue selling specific items that do not sell.
- At the end of the month, quarter or season, you print out your checks and address labels to mail their checks. You can load the import files into QuickBooks or Microsoft Money and either system can print your checks for you.
- Bi-monthly you send out a newsletter to potential buyers alerting them of new merchandise or upcoming events.
- You are finished! And send out a quick email thanking all of your sellers and employees for a great season!
Hardware & Software Requirements
Using your own computer? You can utilize a computer that
- is a PC or a Macintosh computer (but if it is a Macintosh, all computers must be Macintosh)
- has an operating system that runs a full version of Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- operates on 64 bit computers
- has at least one (1) gig of memory (can use less than 1 gig on an XP)
- has a dual processor; A dual processor will improve the speed of the system, but it is not mandatory; A dual processor is mandatory for the Master if you use the POS3.2 version or higher
Purchasing a New Computer? You can purchase a computer that:
- has an operating system that runs a full version of Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- is a Macintosh, but all computers must be Mac
- operates on both 32 bit and 64 bit computers
- has at least two (2) gig of memory
- has a dual processor
- Regular computer printer (not required)
- Epson TMT20-II thermal heat receipt printer (purchase from MyCM)
MEMORY STICK/FLASH-DRIVE/EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE
- At least two (2) 1 gig memory stick/flash-drive/ external storage device and decoder emulator is mandatory
- DataLogic QD2100 (purchase from MyCM) USB connection and decoder emulator is mandatory
Credit Card Processing
- Credit card processing is not required. If you currently use a credit card machine, it can co exist with this system seamlessly
- MyCM also offers credit card processing with extremely competitive rates
- You don't need to use our system to sign up for our credit card processing
MyCM Package: Services and Features
When you sign on with MyCM, we become a partner with you to help you grow and manage your business. When you purchase a partner package, here are the possible systems, features and benefits that are available to you:
- MyCM Software Package - includes the Online Owners Account, the Online Sellers Accounts (unlimited #), and the Bar-Coding and Tagging Software
- POS - Point of Sale System - Consignment Store
- STAR - Basic Tagging System - Sorting, Tallying And Reports System
- Each package includes license fee for up to 30 computers
- Contact Mailing List - Print Address Labels
- Online Registration
- Ability for Sellers/Volunteers to sign the Contract online
- PayPal collection of Registration Fees
- Free tags to your sellers
- Check-in and volunteer Scheduling
- Email Feature
- Mailing Contact List (up to 5000 entries)
- Seller's Reconciliation and ability to upload into QuickBooks, Quicken
- Multitude of Reporting capabilities
- Resources to improve your Business - Available to Partners Only
- System Upgrades provided each season
- Seamless Integration with your website
- Web Site Design and Development
- Credit Card Processing
- Equipment Rental
- Annual Conferences around the United States
- Basic Survey and Dynamic data collection form
- Outstanding Customer Support
- Consignment Stores have a different pricing model than Consignment Sales
For a detailed quotation or to learn more, contact us at
or call us at 404-625-5573. In your email provide how many sellers you expect any given quarter.
Be sure to check out our
. We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact us at
to learn more or to have your store account setup now.
Click Here to register as an owner.
If you need more information about using our software for your store, contact us directly at
or call us at 404-625-5573.